This year was one for the books and we couldn’t be more excited about the friendship and support we’ve received on our missionary journey so far!
Some of highlights from 2017 include:
- Selling our house in Hope, British Columbia, Canada and moving to El Paso, Texas to follow our dream job of working full-time with Nazarene Missionary Kids (offering support, care and training).
- Helping to facilitate two Rendezvous events; one for high school aged Nazarene MKs on the the Asia Pacific Region (taking place in Singapore) and one for young adult MKs on all regions (taking place in British Columbia).
- Speaking engagements in Phoenix, Arizona; Las Flores, California and Uxbridge, Massachusetts to raise support and awareness for Rendezvous and raise deputation funding for our mission.
- Meeting with staff at Point Loma Nazarene University (San Diego, CA), Trevecca Nazarene University (Nashville, TN) and Mount Vernon Nazarene University (Mount Vernon, OH) to learn how these universities are caring for their students who are Nazarene MKs and discovering ways we can partner with them to create a fabric of care for these MKs.
- Driving to Indianapolis, Indiana to attend General Assembly & Conventions for the Church of the Nazarene where we learned about incredible ministries and missions happening all over the world.
- Meeting with Nazarene leaders from both sides of the USA/Mexico border in El Paso to discuss a future project in which young, Bi-Cultural, Hispanic-Americans will be mentored, encouraged and raised up as leaders in the Church of the Nazarene.
- Meeting with Nazarene leaders in Chihuahua Mexico to learn about a Church Planting initiative.
The Gift that Keeps on Giving
We know many of you are looking for ways to start the new year on a good note. We’d like to encourage you to consider giving to missionary kids who could use your financial assistance in order to travel to a Rendezvous event, where MKs prepare for culture re-entry and cultural transitions. For more info visit RendezvousMK.org.
We Tarrants rely greatly on financial contributions from friends, family, acquaintances and anonymous donors. Your contribution will go directly towards sustaining our mission and help us with ancillary medical costs, office equipment, travel, transport and the costs we incur through our involvement in Rendezvous and the Nazarene Border Initiative ministries. Please consider supporting us as we minister to MKs and Nazarenes on both sides of the USA/Mexico border.
- Pray for Samuel as he transitions back into full-time school after his Christmas Break is finished
- Pray for new and deepening friendships with neighbors, colleagues and families from school
- Pray for Nazarene MKs all over the world who are adapting to life away from their parents’ care and/or life in a new culture
- Pray that we will improve and grow in our Spanish abilities and confidence
- Pray for safety for our visits to the Nazarene Universities and for upcoming deputation trips
- Pray for Rees, our 18 month old, that he may begin to formulate words that we understand! 🙂